flowers

Monday, June 11, 2012

I'm waiting....

I know the answer to this question before I ask it, but have you ever waited for something?  Waited for someone? Waited for an answer or just sat and waited at the doctors office? We live in a society today where we want immediate answers and that makes waiting that much more difficult.

There is this song out called "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller.  This song was in the movie "Fireproof".  The first time I heard this son, I admit, I cried.  I felt like this song describes my (our) life with Emily and HLH!  Each time she has been in the hospital for an extended stay (more then just an overnight - IV treatment)....I feel like this is what we do...we wait.  We wait for test results, we wait for MRI's, CT scans...we just wait.   It is exhausting waiting.  We dont always get the answers we want...but that is life..right?

One thing I have learned during Emily's sickness is to have complete trust in God.  He is the one in control.  Yes, He has provided us with amazing doctors but at the same time they are not the real healers of Emily ~ God has just used them!  But during all this, there have been times where I have felt that we were waiting on God.    This song says it all...I WILL serve You while I wait.   I feel like we are still waiting on God...still waiting for Emily to be healed for good.  We may not see her complete healing on earth but the day we get to heaven...it will be a glorious day.  Not just to be able to see Jesus face to face or to see the hands and feet that were nailed to the cross but also because Emily WILL be healed for good then!   

While we wait on God...we still "run the race".  Our race is just living day-to-day with her disease.  Getting her medicine filled a few times a month, making sure she is taking her medicine, taking her to doctor appointments, learning when to be more aggressive in getting her to a doctor or to just let something go a little bit.  Learning to let her be an 8 year old kid but at the same time being aware of everything going on.  Learning to "re-cut the cord" and let go a little bit.  While I'm waiting, I will always serve my God.  I will always praise Him for what He has done.  When we deal with painful situations....i will continue to trust Him, praise Him and serve Him!

This song says it all.  I have no choice but to wait on Him.  He gives me peace in dealing with the disease and helping Emily.    

How do you think you would handle a situation without God by your side?  Would you have the peace and comfort knowing He is  in charge.  Would you be willing to wait on Him?  Would you still  serve Him, worship Him, be obedient, run the race while you wait?   I will!  I choose to serve while i wait! 



No comments:

Post a Comment