flowers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I see things differently now!

Psalm 107:1 

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!


Oh give thanks to the Lord....that is what I was doing Monday.    Monday was the day.  The day I said I wasnt going to dwell on.  The day I said I was just going to treat it as any other day, but honestly, how could I?

Monday, September 30th, was the third anniversary of the day I called 9-1-1 and Emily was in ICU.  That was the day I felt like my life changed and could have changed forever.

Monday ~ I was so thankfully we were getting ready for school.  Emily was so excited because it was picture day for her.  Benjamin was just as excited because it was his school day as well.  The date didnt really hit me too much until after I had dropped both kids off at school and I looked at the clock when I got into the car.  That is when it hit me.  Hit me that around three years ago, I was making frantic phone calls to Bryan and to 9-1-1.    As  the thoughts and memories came rushing back, one of my favorite songs came on.  "Not for a Moment" by Meredith Andrews.    As I listened to the words to the song, I could feel the tears start to form.  The song now had new meaning to me.  I loved the song but now, listening to the words ~ I felt almost as if God Himself was reminding me that during that time ~ He NEVER left us.  We - Emily - were wrapped up in His arms and He was in control of the situation.  

The day continued on, but this year, it was different for me.  This year it wasnt a time where I really sat and replayed everything in my mind and was depressed.  This year, I made a point to be more thankful.   Yes - this horrible thing happened in my daughters life BUT I am so thankful that God healed her and continues to heal her daily.  Monday - a new way to remember what happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment