flowers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Emily's giving heart

Emily has such a giving heart.  It amazes me everything she has had to deal with how she can be just so happy.  It amazes me how she is always thinking of others.  

Almost on a daily basis she gets in the car after school and looks at Ben and says "I have something for you".  She is always drawing him pictures (me too!) at school and bringing them home for him.

1/24/12 ~ for Ben


Another area where she just simply amazes me is when she goes to the doctor.  She could have just been poked in the hand for labs and the entire time they are taking her blood she is checking out the sticker stash they have on the wall!  As soon as she is done and they put the bandage on her hand, she cant get up quick enough asking for a sucker and then points to the wall and says "I want those stickers for me, and I want those stickers for my brother"!   When she goes to her regular Pediatrician she will ask for stickers and suckers when she is leaving and gives them to Ben when she gets home.  She is ALWAYS thinking of others ~ she is always giving even in her time of a somewhat painful experience of giving labs!

I am sure we were all that way at one point in time.  I am sure we are all still that way to some degree even now.  But doesnt it seem like the way the world is now, we are almost conditioned to have the mentality of "every man for himself"?  How sad is that.   We should all learn from Emily and give.  
1/24/12

There are so many people out there that dont have as much as we have.  There are so many people that are in need ~ no matter if its physically needing clothing or food or just as simple as needing a hug, a smile or a "Hi" or maybe even a simple sticker.   Doesn't it say in the Bible that it is better to give then receive?  

We donate to a food bank that our church supports (Fish and Loaves).  Let me just tell you ~ it really is better to give!  When I go there to give them diapers and wipes, when I leave, there is just an overwhelming feeling of joy that I feel.  I am not telling you this to brag but I am telling you this that it really does so much good ~ not just for those in need ~ but also for my own soul to give.   I am overwhelmed with such joy in being able to do this.  

Take some time today and find a way to just give and give with your whole heart!  It maybe as simple as what Emily does by drawing a picture, giving a sticker or sucker or it could be bigger and donating something to a food bank or local charity.  What might be as easy as donating diapers or wipes...may not be as easy as giving of your time.  Do something today!  Maybe pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru.  Whatever it is, you will be blessed.  You wont be able to get the smile off your face, your heart will be jumping for joy to know you helped someone today.

It really is better to give then to receive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment