flowers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

My special friend

I have this special friend, she really is one in a million. I dont get to see her much, in fact its been a VERY long time (too long) since I have seen her ~ like years!   Let me introduce you to Dawn! 
 She is such an amazing person.  She is strong, inspiring, compassionate, ALWAYS there to talk (or vent), a woman of faith!  She has dealt with alot in her life ~ both her parents have passed away and she has lost two children.  Her strength  in time of sorrow is something we can all learn from.

She is one person, even though living in GA at the time, would call me almost nightly at the hospital when Emily was inpatient to see how things went that day, any new results or anything she could pray for.  We always planned that she would call me about 5 minutes before the hospital turned off the phones  so no incoming calls could go to the patients rooms.  It was wonderful because those were the times that I generally would break down if i wasnt talking to her.  Emily would be falling asleep, nurses were in just every few hours to take Emily's blood pressure and other stats and I would be alone.  Dawn made sure that she was always there for me.  

If we arent talking everyday we are then texting!  Its to the point when my cell phone makes a noise to alert me i have a new text, Emily will sit there and say "Dawn sent you a text" without even looking at my phone! 

She has allowed me to just cry on the phone with her when I needed too, vent about something, complain about something, or give some really good advice.  I know with her ~ I can be me.  I dont have to worry about what I may say...she accepts me for me.  I know I can be completely honest with her and thats the thing ~ she knows she can be honest with me.  I appreciate that!  

She knows she can come to me and vent, cry, complain and ask my opinion.  I know she will have my back just like I have hers.   She really is one in a million!

Because of the loss her and her husband and other kids have endured with losing two other children (Nathan and Haylee), she has gone on to write a book and she has her blog "You are not alone" that she writes for - for the online magazine The Wordsmith Journal (http://www.thewordsmithjournal.com/you-are-not-alone.html ).  The Lord has blessed her with an amazing talent for writing but also to allow her to be so raw about her experiences!  

She is a motivates and supports and I am blessed because she is not only my best friend but she is also my cousin!  I love you, my BFF - BBF!

This is a special gift that she did for me and something that is so special to me.  I hope you enjoy the video and appreciate her talent!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment