flowers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Do you remember your one special gift?

Do you remember a really special gift your received?  I was watching "The Biggest Loser" last night and I feel that I get inspired each time I see it!  Last night seemed to "hit" me though.  Here Mike was just a guy that seemed maybe misunderstood, wanting to spend some time  and get to know his half brother but also felt a little alone, abandoned.   Maybe his reasoning for coming on the show was to lose some weight but also get to know his brother and maybe in the meantime make some new friends but he was voted off last night.  He didnt seem to put in the work that was essential for losing alot of weight but also to persuade his other team mates to keep him on the ranch.  It was when they were voting him off did the audience get to see maybe a glimpse of the "real" him!  But what struck me first was he was given such an amazing gift (going to the ranch) and he wasted the gift ~ or so it seemed.  But then, right before he is to say good bye to everyone it seemed like we saw a different person.  It was another gift he was given ~ the knowledge to realize that not only physically is and will he be changing but mentally he has to change as well.  Isnt it awesome when we get such a gift that no one can take away from us?

In July of 1996, I received a "gift" that I thought I would never ever get ~ a positive pregnancy test.  This was something I wanted so desperately and it took 3 years to get!  Its all in HIS perfect timing and according to HIS perfect plan and will!  In March of 1997, Austin was born and I was simply amazed by the hand of God and making all my dreams come true the moment i saw him for the first time ~ I was a mom!

After a divorce, I thought I would never find a man that would go to church with me, love the Lord and also accept my son and myself ~ love us both and realize we were a package deal. In April 2002, I married the love of my life - another perfect gift from God as I had always had such a crush on him growing up!  After we got married, the talk of another child, one of our own, came up.  After having seen a doctor and her telling me that I had some type of ovulation disorder and the fact that I even became pregnant once was a miracle and for it to happen again...probably wouldn't happen.  If we had any chance of having a baby, I would have to go on fertility medication to help the process ~ again, the Lords hand was on the situation because after a month of being on the medication, I was pregnant!

March 2004, I received another incredible gift ~ Emily.  I knew it was simply amazing how the Lord has blessed us but I didnt know how blessed we were and what a precious gift she was (is)  until  Emily was almost 3 and became ill.  He has blessed our lives so much and is incredible to see His plans unfold.

In April 2008, I received another gift, another positive pregnancy test and something we hadnt planned on, at least at that particular time.  Isnt it crazy how when WE plan something it doesnt necessarily mean its what HE has planned! This was just 5 months after i was officially given a name for my "disorder" ~ PCOS.  In December 2008, my precious surprise gift from God was born, Benjamin!  He was born via emergency c-section and has kept me on my toes since!  

See these are all gifts that i feel HE has given me!  Some things I thought would never happen although they were the desires of my heart.  Thats what amazes me too is how HE knows the desires of our heart and its so awesome when our desires are part of HIS plan!

These are all wonderful gifts, but the best gift i have ever been given was my salvation!  Its like when Mike "got it" on the Biggest Loser last night about its not just changing the physical but the mind as well and no one can take that from him....that is how my salvation is to me.  I am a child of Gods!  He gave me the gift of eternal life when i was 5 right after our Christmas program with the help of a wonderful lady, Mrs. Snyder!  This is a gift that NO ONE can ever take away from me!  It changes not just the inside but the outside and every part of me!   Its the best gift that keeps giving and will NEVER be taken away!  

When I die, I will receive another incredible gift, the mansion that awaits me in Heaven, to walk the streets of gold with my Lord, and to be able to sing with the angles!

Whats your incredible gift?  I hope its something that you will keep and treasure forever and that no one can take it away...something you can enjoy for eternity!



No comments:

Post a Comment