flowers

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How safe do you feel?

This may seem rather strange but really, how safe do you feel?  Do you feel safe in your house? When you leave and go to the store?  When you have to run to the drug store to pick up medicine for your child that has a high fever at midnight ~ do you feel safe doing that by yourself?

I am seriously the BIGGEST chicken around. I am scared of everything...ok, nearly everything.  I am scared of flying ~ but will do it when it needs to be done.  I am scared of spiders...like deathly scared, snakes fall in there too. Add heights to that as well.  The list can go on and on and honestly, you would get tired of reading about all my fears.  

I am scared when I hear Emily cough, even if it means nothing.  I am scared when Emily just seems to snore louder then normal or just has a weird look on her face.  Today is the 5 year anniversary of when we got an answer to what was going on in her little 2 year old body.  Today is the day five years ago that the "herd" of doctors came rushing in our room with smiles on their face and rattled off some disease that has almost all the letters of the alphabet in it!  Since then, I think I have honestly lived in some type of fear.  But in all this, there is one place that I have always felt safe ~ that is in HIS arms.  Jesus has been there to hold me, carry me, lift me up.  He has been there to heal Emily each time and to hold her in His hands during each little incident.  That is where I find my strength and my safe place.

Where is your safe place?  Are you resting in the arms of Jesus Christ?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment