flowers

Monday, February 27, 2012

How extreme are you?

Saturday Bryan wasn't feeling well and opted to stay home from church on Sunday.  He told me this on Saturday night before we went to bed.  As we were going to bed and I was trying to get to sleep (Bryan took some cold medicine...that is all I'm saying!) the feeling came over me of ~ I get to sleep in a little bit in the morning.  So if I don't fall asleep fast...not an issue, I get to sleep in and have another PJ day!  Well, morning came and Emily really wanted to go to church.  I sat there and tried to talk her into NOT wanting to go.  She still insisted on going.  As I continued to get ready for church, I was reminded of something our Pastor has said during Sunday School to us ~ the devil works the most on Sundays.  Today was no exception.  I found it so easy to say Bryan isn't going...I'm not going.  It took my little girl to want to go - to get me to want to go.

I was glad I went.  Our teacher finished up a lesson he has been doing for the past few weeks.  I felt challenged when I left our class and to go into church.  Challenged to be EXTREME for Christ!  In all areas of my life.  Its like having a circle with lines coming out all around the circle with labels on each line.  One for family, one for work, one for friends and so on and then near the end of the lines there is finally one for religion.  Instead of having a line for religion have Christ in the middle of the circle.  Having Him in the middle of the circle is the foundation for your life in ~ ALL areas ~ of your life.  That is the the extreme I want.  I want people to see Christ in me when I am at a doctors appointment with Emily or at the grocery store digging in my coupon binder.  I want people to see there is something different about me.....not just that I look like i crawled out of bed and decided to do grocery shopping!  My trust is completely in Christ ~ it needs to be!

I just finished reading a book called "The Vow".  It is amazing the what a struggle this couple dealt with and so soon after getting married.  I could relate when Kim (the husband) would talk about his wife in ICU....been there, done that!  What really amazed me though is how much faith and trust they put in Christ.  He was and is their rock.  Even when his wife came out of a coma and didnt know who he was - he stuck by her side and prayed constantly.  The Lord performed many miracles in their lives and it makes realize the miracles that He has done in my life especially with Emily.  This is a couple that, to me, shows extreme for Christ.  Its honestly how I want to be!

So are you ready?  Are you ready to become Extreme?

Proverbs 3:5 & 6 ~ NIV
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your
own understanding, in all your ways submit to Him and He
will make your paths right.

No comments:

Post a Comment